Wednesday, April 7, 2010

St. Patricks Day



For St. Patrick's Day this year - I made a Chocolate Stout Cake that was delicious and rich and moist with a hint of Guinness flavored throughout. I love to bake things that are holiday specific, but sometimes I wish that holiday happened more than once a year! This cake is great on its own or with a drizzle of rich dark chocolate ganache. I wouldn't recommend coating it in frosting. This did, however, lead me to want to make Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for next year... A combination of a Guinness Chocolate cake, maybe with a Bailey's Irish Cream center and topped off with a whiskey flavored whipped cream. The possibilities are endless!

I also made, what I call, an American-Irish Soda Bread. It was deliciously moist, thanks to the addition of my favorite ingredient - buttermilk.. with a touch of caraway seeds. I leave out the raisins since I'm not a fan of raisins in baked goods, but they can definitely be added if it fits your taste. Again - I can make adjustments to fit anyone's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment